-->

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Chickpea Falafel

Initially, (when I had not had falafels and just heard the name of it), I used to think that it might be some very difficult recipe. But when had it for the first time, I realized that it’s simple and tasty.
They are somewhat similar to our Indian pakoras but have a slight distinguished taste.
I made them for the first time without using the baharat powder. But one day my friend suggested me to use it. I took recipe from her and searched the internet and tried making the falafels by adding this masala. The taste was even better!

Let us start cooking!!!

Ingredients:
Chickpea (Kabuli chana): ¼ cup soaked overnight
Onion: 1 medium finely chopped
Garlic: 2 cloves
Cumin powder: ¼ tsp
Mint leaves: ½ tbsp finely chopped
Coriander leaves: ½ tbsp finely chopped
Baharat powder: ½ tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil for deep frying

Method:
1. Grind kabuli chana to a coarse paste.
2. Take in a bowl and add all the remaining ingredients except oil. Mix well.



3. Make small balls and flatten them a bit.



4. Heat oil in a kadai and fry them until golden brown in color.




5. Drain on an absorbent paper and serve with hummus, tahini etc.

Tips:
1. You can shape the falafels as per your choice.
2. I’ve made the falafels with raw kabuli chana. They can even be boiled and made.

See you soon with a new recipe till then Happy Cooking!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment