-->

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Chickpea Hummus

I still remember the first day when I prepared chickpea hummus. I guess it about 5 years back. As usual I was eagerly waiting for my husband to come from office and taste it. His ‘WOW’ still echoes in my ears ;-). Yes, hummus tastes very nice and if you have falafels and pita bread then the meal is a treat.


Let us start cooking!!!

Ingredients:
Chickpea (kabuli chana): 1 cup (soaked overnight)
Garlic: 3 to 4 cloves
Lemon juice: 2 tbsp
Curd: ½ cup
Olive oil: 2 tbsp
Tahini: 2 tbsp
Chilly powder: 2 tsp
Salt as per taste

Method:
1. Cook kabuli chana in a pressure cooker for about 20-25 minutes. Let it cool.
2. Blend all the ingredients together.
3. If the mixture is too thick add water.
4. Sprinkle with chilly powder.
5. Serve with breads, toasts etc.

Tips:
1. Cumin powder also gives a nice flavor to it.

See you soon with a new recipe till then Happy Cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment