-->

Friday, March 24, 2017

Banana Halwa

Banana Halwa step by step instructions:

Sweets are my weakness. I am so fond of them that even looking at them makes me feel so happy. :)

Yesterday we (me and my husband) went to “Good Earth City Center” and there is this shop called “Om Sweets” (Well I am talking about Gurgaon, India). So the point is whenever we go to good earth city center, it is a must to go to that shop, even if we don’t want to eat anything.

It is just like I love admiring the sweets displayed over there and in my mind, my imaginations start. When I will reach home I will do this and do that. Hence the list is just endless. And this certainly proves that I am a great sweet lover.
Being acidic from quite many days, it has become a routine for me to have bananas. So my home without bananas is just not possible.

With the rendezvous of my eyes with the sweets yesterday at the shop and the availability of bananas I instantly thought of making this yummy “Banana Halwa”.

The chopped almonds give a wonderful taste to the halwa managing the overall sweetness of the halwa.

Do try this simple yet amazing recipe and do share your feedback!

Let us start cooking!!!


Ingredients:
Banana: 1 (140 gms, ripe, peeled and mashed)
Sugar: 1-2 tbsp
Ghee: 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp
Almonds: 1 tbsp (chopped)
Cardamom: 1 (powdered)
Saffron: 3-4 strands (crushed)

Method:
1. In a pan heat 1 tbsp of ghee.



2. Fry the almonds and keep aside.





3. In the same pan add the banana and cook for about 1-2 minutes.







4. Now add sugar and mix well.




5. Keep the flame on low and keep stirring until the mixture gets thick. This procedure will take about 7-8 minutes.



6. Now add the remaining 1 tbsp of ghee and mix well.



7. After 2-3 minutes the mixture will become glossy.
8. Add cardamom powder, saffron, and almonds. Mix well and switch off the flame.



9. Serve hot or cold and trust me it taste great in both the cases.
10. Super yummy “Banana Halwa” is ready!


Tips:
1. Mash the banana with the help of a fork. Never grind the bananas.
2. The quantity of sugar can be adjusted as per how ripe and sweet the banana is.

See you soon with a new recipe till then Happy Cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment