-->

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Plum and Date Phirni

Neither I had made nor tasted phirni in my lifetime, but had heard of this name many times by many of my friends and cousins. So being a food enthusiast I collected recipes from them and thought of making it someday. And today I finally implemented the same.
I included dates and plums which simply enhanced the basic taste of it.
My hubby too liked it a lot but he told me that more sugar could be added.


Let us start cooking!!!

Ingredients:
Rice: ¼ cup
Full Cream Milk: ½ Liter
Cardamoms: 6-7 peeled and powdered
Saffron strands: 7-8 dissolved in little milk and crushed well
Plums: 8-9 (skin and seed removed) roughly chopped
Dates: 5-6 (seed removed) roughly chopped
Sugar: ¼ cup (I took less than ¼ cup. I think this amount will make it sufficient sweet)
Water: 2 tbsp

Method:
1. Soak rice for 1-2 hours.
2. Boil milk in a pan. Take some hot milk in a grinder and grind the rice with it.




3. Pour this rice mixture into milk and let it boil for 10-12 minutes.
4. Add saffron milk and half the cardamom powder.



5. In another pan take sugar and add water.
6. As soon as the sugar dissolves add the chopped plums and dates to it.



7. Let it boil for 8-10 minutes.
8. Add the remaining cardamom to it.
9. Now let both the mixtures cool off completely.
10. Keep some plum date mixture for garnishing and pour the remaining into the rice-milk mixture.



11. Refrigerate for an hour.
12. Garnish with the remaining plum date mixture and serve chilled.

Tips:
1. When you add ground rice to the milk, remember to stir continuously otherwise lumps may form.
2. You can increase or decrease the fruit quantity as per your taste.

See you soon with a new recipe till then Happy Cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment