-->

Friday, April 28, 2017

Indian Bael ka Sherbet

Indian Bael ka Sherbet step by step instructions:

Indian Bael fruit is commonly known as "Bel Phal", “Wood Apple”. It is highly nutritious. This fruit is available in abundance during summers.
We never brought this fruit at our home and hence had never tasted it. I came to know about this fruit when I was in 10th standard. During that time I along with my friend used to go for morning walks. Her mother used to make the juice every day. And it was at that time I tasted the juice for the first time. Aunty told me many benefits of it but at that time; seriously speaking; I was not much concerned about it benefits ;-) but was more concerned towards its taste.
My friend used to make faces while drinking, haha, and I used to laugh a lot. These childhood memories are the biggest treasures of our life.
I had never thought at the time that I would write blogs and this incident would also be a part of my blog. Thank you so much, aunty. The benefit which you had stated “It purifies blood” is still there in my mind!
Trust me, this "Bael Juice" does taste very good. My friend used to make faces just like that only. Ribs (my friend) don’t punch me ;-)

Let us start cooking!!!


Ingredients:
Bael phal (Bel, Wood Apple): 1 (600 gms)
Water: 1 ½ liter
Cumin seeds powder: 1 tsp
Black pepper powder: ½ tsp
Sugar: ½ cup
Black salt: ½ tsp
Salt as per taste

Method:
1. Break the bel fruit with the help of a pestle.




2. Take out the pulp and discard the hard covering.





3. Take the pulp in a big bowl and add half liter water to it.



4. Let the pulp remain soaked for about half an hour. This helps in making the pulp absorb water and becomes softer.
5. Mash the pulp with your hands.





6. Sieve the juice. Press the pulp nicely so that at last just the thick fibers remain and all the juice is extracted.






7. Add the remaining water and mix well.



8. Add sugar, salt, black salt, black pepper powder, and cumin seeds powder. Mix well. Let the sugar dissolve.




9. Serve chilled.
10. Healthy “Indian Bael ka Sherbet” is ready!


Tips:
1. If the pulp is too hard then increase the soaking time. This way it will be easier to mash the pulp.
2. The pulp can even be ground but make sure that each and every seed of it is removed otherwise the juice will become bitter.
3. The outer covering of bel phal is very hard. So it needs to be cracked with the help of a pestle only. Then the pulp can be scooped out with the help of a spoon.

See you soon with a new recipe till then Happy Cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment