-->

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Atta Halwa

Atta Halwa step by step instructions:

I am very happy to share with you all that apart from writing step by step instructions of this recipe; I have also created a video for it.
This is my first video (I do have created pictorial videos but this one is the real video, aha) and like my first post on the blog which was a sweet, I wanted my first video to be a sweet too.

Check out my video:

Atta (whole wheat flour) halwa is the most basic sweet of Indian cuisine. Many things can be adjusted as per one’s choice in this halwa. Like some want more of ghee and less of sugar. Some want it to be prepared dark brown while others like it just light brown.

My variation of halwa involves making use of ghee (clarified butter) a little less. When I showed this video to my friends and family, many of them told me that “Arti don’t you think that the quantity of ghee is very less” and I told them that certainly it is. I have tried to make it a bit healthy! And, I wink!

I like my halwa to be dark brown with loads of almonds.

Do try this recipe and share your feedback!

Let us start cooking!!!


Ingredients:
Whole Wheat Flour (Gehun ka atta): ¼ cup
Clarified butter (Ghee
): 1 tbsp
Water: 1 ½ cups
Sugar: 1/4 cup
Cardamom: 2 (peeled and pounded)
Almond slivers: 2-3 tbsp

Method:
1. In a heavy bottomed pan heat ghee.



2. Add atta and mix well. Stir continuously for about 10-12 minutes or until fragrance starts coming out from the flour and it has turned dark brown.









3. Add boiling hot water to it. (Be careful while adding hot water as it splutters)





4. Mix well and make sure that no lumps remain.



5. Add sugar and mix well. Stir continuously until the sugar has melted completely.




6. Add cardamom powder and mix well.



7. Add almonds and mix well.



8. Let the halwa simmer for a few minutes.



9. Garnish with almond slivers and serve hot.



10. Yummy “Atta Halwa” is ready!


Tips:
1. As I mentioned earlier, the quantity of ghee can be increased. But remember in that case the quantity of water needs to be adjusted. It will be required less.
2. Be careful while adding hot water to the roasted flour as it splutters.
3. Almonds are optional.
4. If we use more ghee then the halwa naturally becomes lump free.

See you soon with a new recipe till then Happy Cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment