-->

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Minted Potatoes Strawberry Rice

Hey all! Today’s lunch was rice, and wanted it to be something yummy, not the routine made rice. (Yes, this is the first time I made this recipe; feeling joyous)
.
When I opened my fridge my eyes stuck on lovely strawberries. So first ingredient was decided (of course rice is the main ingredient). Then again though of something and took mint leaves. And finally potatoes. Yippee, all the ingredients decided.

I had put all my heart to cook it and when it was made I can’t explain you; how happy I felt. In evening when my husband came, I gave him this as a snack. (Let me tell you one thing, my husband does not like mint leaves). I was afraid that he won’t like it but the suddenly ‘wow’ echoed into my ears and I was overwhelmed.


Let us start cooking!!!

Ingredients:
Rice: ¾ cup (al dente cooked)
Potatoes: 2 medium sized cut into small chunks
Onion: 1 medium cut into thin slices
Strawberries: 4-5 big cut into slices
Mint leaves: 1 cup (washed and chopped)
Green chilly: 1 deseeded and finely chopped
Ghee: 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds: 2 tsp
Black pepper powder: ½ tsp
Salt as per taste

Method:





1. In a pan heat ghee.
2. Add cumin seeds and fry for a few seconds.
3. Add onions and green chillies and fry till the onions become translucent.



4. Add the potatoes. Add salt.
5. Cover the pan and let the potatoes cook for 5 minutes or till they are half cooked.



6. At this stage add the mint leaves and again cook covered for 2-3 minutes.




7. Add rice, strawberries and black pepper.



8. Stir well.
9. Cook it covered for another 2 minutes.
10. Switch off the flame and let it remain covered for some 15-20 minutes. This helps in infusing the flavors nicely.
11. Take in a bowl.
12. Garnish with strawberry slices and mint leaves and serve hot.



Tips:
1. I think I could have added more strawberries for even a better flavor.
2. Do not overcook the rice otherwise the final product will be very mushy.

See you soon with a new recipe till then Happy Cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment