-->

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Amrood (Guava) ki Sabji

Today morning when I was cutting guavas’, my maid asked me that why are you cutting it into small pieces. I told her that I will be making a subji of it and she was totally surprised (and so was I because I thought that everyone must be making this sabji). Then instantly she told me (jokingly) that you must be making ripe bananas sabji also and I said yes. She was surprised again and I was grinning.

I hope you like the sweet and tangy taste of this recipe.


Let us start cooking!!!

Ingredients:
Guavas: 3 medium (cut into small chunks)
Tomato: 1 medium (cut into small pieces)
Curry leaves: 3-4
Ghee: 1 tbsp
Asafetida: a pinch
Mustard seeds: ½ tsp
Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp
Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
Coriander powder: 2 tsp
Chilli powder: ¾ tsp
Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Lemon juice: 2 tsp
Sugar: ½ tbsp
Salt as per taste

Method:



1. In a kadai, heat ghee.
2. Add asafetida and mustard seeds. Let the seeds crackle.
3. Add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Fry for 30 seconds.
4. Add the tomatoes.



5. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder and salt.
6. Mix well. Let the tomatoes cook till tender.
7. Add around 200 ml of water. Add the guavas’.



8. Cover the kadai and let the guavas’ cook on a low flame for 15-18 minutes stirring occasionally or till the guavas’ are tender.
9. Add sugar and lemon juice. Mix well.



10. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis, paranthas etc.



Tips:
1. You can remove the seeds of guavas’ depending upon your choice.
2. The quantity of sugar can be increased or decreased depending upon the sweetness of the guavas’.
3. Similarly the water quantity can be increased or decreased depending upon how ripe the guavas’ are.

See you soon with a new recipe till then Happy Cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment