-->

Monday, August 01, 2016

Vermicelli Uthappam

Vermicelli Uthappam step by step instructions:

Hello everyone, back to the blog after a long time. I just wonder what kept me occupied that I could not even post. ;-). But I am happy that I am back :)

I made vermicelli uthappam today. (A secret: I made it because it is very simple to make and delicious to eat ;-), that's why I cooked it)


Let us start cooking!!!

Ingredients:
Wheat Vermicelli: 1 cup
Sooji: 1 cup
Curd: 1 cup
Water: ¾ cup
Ghee: 1 tbsp
Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
Tomatoes: 1 medium (finely chopped)
Onion: 1 medium (finely chopped)
Capsicum: ½ small (finely chopped)
Chaat masala
Salt as per taste

Method:
1. In a bowl mix together sooji, curd, and water.


2. Let it rest for at least half hour.
3. Heat ¼ tbsp ghee in a pan. Add vermicelli. Roast it.


4. Put this vermicelli in the sooji batter.
5. Mix well.
6. Add black pepper and salt and mix.


7. Heat a pan. Put some ghee over it.
8. Take the batter and spread small sized uthappams on the pan.
9. Put tomatoes, onion, and capsicum over it.
10. Sprinkle chaat masala over it.


11. Let the uthappams cook on low flame for 7-8 minutes from one side.
12. Then flip them, put some ghee and let them cook for 5-6 minutes more.


13. Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.


Tips:
1. Make sure the consistency of the uthappam batter is neither too thick nor thin, so water quantity can be adjusted accordingly.

See you soon with a new recipe till then Happy Cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment