-->

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Poha Appam


Poha Appam step by step instructions:

Nowadays me being lazy ;-) I planned to make poha (flattened rice). After soaking the poha, suddenly my laziness went off (hehe) and I thought of making appams and quickly started to implement it; before I change my mind ;-). I made poha appams for the first time and they turned out to be very very nice. Do give it a try.


Let us start cooking!!!

Ingredients:
Poha (Flattened rice): 1 cup (washed and kept for half an hour)
Potatoes: 2 medium (boiled, peeled and mashed)
Onion: 1 medium (finely chopped)
Capsicum: 1 small (finely chopped)
Ginger: 1 tsp (grated)
Green Chilies: 1 (finely chopped)
Chaat masala: 1 tsp
Oil: 1 tbsp (for cooking)
Sesame seeds: 2 tsp
Salt as per taste

Method:
1. Mix together all the ingredients except oil.



2. Make small balls out of it.


3. Heat appam pan.
4. Put a little oil in each cavity. Let it heat.
5. Put the sesame seeds and let the turn brown.
6. Now keep the balls in the cavities, cover the pan and let the appams cook for 8-10 minutes.


7. Flip them.


8. Again let them cook covered for other 7-8 minutes.
9. Take out on a plate. Serve hot with green chutney.


Tips:
1. Since this was my first try, I felt that I really missed a few things like fresh green coriander leaves and some more veggies.
2. Flipping is a bit tricky, so do it carefully. Otherwise, you will puncture the appams as I did 2-3 of mine ;-)

See you soon with a new recipe till then Happy Cooking!!!

1 comment: