-->

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Khatta Meetha Amchoor (Dried Mango)

When I was very small, I remember, this was the most made recipe at any kind of function. I used to like it very much and could finish my entire chapati with this only. And today I feel that this is one among the simplest recipes I’ve ever made. Please make it and I am sure this khatta meetha taste is going to stay forever on your taste buds.


Let us start cooking!!!

Ingredients:
Dried mango pieces: 10-12 big pieces (Washed and Soaked for 4-5 hours)


Mustard oil: 1 tbsp
Asafetida: a pinch
Mustard seeds: ½ tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Red Chilly Powder: 1 ½ tsp
Turmeric Powder: ½ tsp
Coriander Powder: 2 tsp
Sugar: 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste

Method:
1. Pressure cook the amchoor (double boiler) for 4-5 whistles. One on high flame and the remaining on low.
2. Let the pressure release by itself.



3. Heat oil in a pan. Add asafetida and mustard seeds. Let the seeds splutter.
4. Now add cumin seeds and fry them for a few seconds. Meanwhile add all the masalas to the amchoor.



5. Now add this amchoor to the pan. Mix well.
6. Let it cook for a few minutes or till the sugar melts.
7. Serve hot or cold with roti, parantha, puri etc.

Tips:
1. The consistency of the amchoor can be adjusted as per your requirement. I did not add water. But if you want it to be thin you can do it.
2. If making dried, then you can preserve this in refrigerator for 8-10 days.

See you soon with a new recipe till then Happy Cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment